“ISVolunteer” has now implemented an exciting new educational component, with every ISV Project now being co-led by an ISV University Leader
ISV Awards and Recognitions
35+ Years ISV Background
ISV Family - Past and Present Staff
Why Students All Over The World Have Preferred ISV's Past Volunteer Programs From The Last 20 Years
1. ISV is the world’s highest rated volunteer program by over 40,000 student participants with an average rating of 4.85 out of 5.
2. ISV has 33 members of the U.S. Senate/Congress who have served on ISV’s Board of Reference as endorsement of the on-going volunteer efforts that ISV students accomplish globally.
3. ISV is certified by the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation to distribute the President’s Volunteer Service Award with a congratulatory letter signed by the President of the United States.
4. ISV was named as one of the “Top Ten Volunteer Organizations” by the U.S. Center for Citizen Diplomacy in conjunction with the U.S. State Department.
5. ISV’s documentary was featured and aired on the Discovery Channel by In View with Larry King to demonstrate how ISV is leading the student volunteer, education and travel industry.
6. ISV has had more than 40,000 student participants on the ISV programs across six continents from 2002 through 2016.
7. ISV has partnered with over 150 volunteer organizations (government, academic institutions, and private/non-profit and grass roots organizations/NGOs) globally, including organizations like the Peace Corps, Red Cross, UNICEF, Habitat for Humanity, The Sierra Club and Conservation Volunteers Australia.
8. ISV student teams have contributed over 4 million hours of volunteer efforts in education, sustainable development and conservation initiatives around the world.
9. University course and internship credit awarded to thousands of ISV students by over 350 universities worldwide.
10. Major League Baseball’s World Series MVP and 9 time All-Star, David "Big Papi" Ortiz partners with ISV to make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families near his birthplace in the Dominican Republic (the Baseball capital of the world).
11. ISV was awarded “Outstanding Volunteer Project” by the World Youth Student & Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation.
12. ISV’s past International Program Director, Narelle Webber, received international recognition as a featured conference speaker and sustainable volunteer trainer worldwide.
13. ISV’s Founder and International Director, Randy Sykes receives the first ever “Youth First International Award” in “Honor of his many years of Commitment, Dedication and Continued Support of Student and Youth Travel” by the SYTA at the World Youth & Study Travel Conference.
14. ISV is the example of impacting our world with meaningful student travel by combining a perfect balance of: a) life-changing volunteer work, with b) adrenaline filled adventure travel, providing participants the opportunity to explore all the natural wonders of the country to which they are traveling.